Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"[Growing] up is hard to do.."

Last week I texted my brother and said, "Guess what...you've been graduated for 10 years." His response? "Shutty." How weird is that?

I was just thinking about how I've been graduated for a whole year and how crazy that seems. This time last year seemed like the most stressful thing EVER. Studying for AP tests, taking AP tests, filling out scholarship applications, applying for different colleges, recovering from the drama of prom, planning out my summer, and deciding which school to go to. I thought deciding which school to go to was the hardest decision I'd ever make. Uhhh what did I think deciding a major would be like? This is my dilemma now....a year later.

Right now I'm an Art Education major at the U, and it's hard but I love it and love everything I've learned so far. Do I really want to be a high school teacher...?

Since I was like 10, I've wanted to be a cosmetologist. Lately I've been thinking about being an esthetician. Forget my scholarship at the U and go to SLCC?

I had a conversation with a friend the other day about how being a wedding planner would be completely rad. Forget my year full of art classes and switch to a major in Family and Consumer Studies?

SO MANY CHOICES. Growing up is complicated.

No comments: