Sunday, August 21, 2011

summer [over]

It seems like just yesterday I was writing about how horrible my first day of college was. Remember that? Cause I sure do. Worst day of my life so far.
Tomorrow I start my second year of college. Uhhhh WHAT? I can't believe how fast time passes and how fast things change. I sure hope that this week goes a whole lot smoother, cause I don't have a cute guy to bring me a Blizzard after a crappy day. He's most definitely married now. Ha!

This morning I got back from a much too short visit to Kansas to see my sister Kristin and her family. We went to the Keith Urban concert (which gave me an excuse to fly out there), went to see The Help, made a visit to the Farmer's Market, ate at Bobo's, saw a sweet Lego exhibit, did some shopping and ate a lot of junk. It was the perfect ending to my summer and it was so fun to see her and her family and their cute new house.

BUT now it's back to reality and it's now the day before the first day of school. Even after 14 years of first days, I still feel the same nervous/excited/dreading feeling I get every year.
"Ohhhh back to school, back to school...to prove to dad that I am not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight. I hope I don't get in a fight! Ohhhh back to school....back to school.....back..to...school."
Here goes nothin'.

1 comment:

The Turvilles said...

Hope you didn't get in a fight on your first day of school!, or a speeding ticket or forgot your books! Happy School Days to you!!